Bill wanted his young lab “Abby” to be well-mannered but recognized it would be a lot of work. I detected concern and irritation as he described how “Abby” still jumped on people, pulled on leash, did not come or follow other commands reliably despite efforts to train her. To help Bill out, I suggested that we work together with private training. I coached Bill through changes he needed make to better meet Abby’s needs, allowing her to be more sane. Bill was very willing to make these changes. Luckily he recognized he had to do things different. We then worked together to help Abby learn new behaviors, and commands.
Teamwork to make your life easier!
Behavior Problems You Can Be Coached Through
jumping on people
playfully biting people
Please note – dogs that get upset, are fearful, aggressive or anxious do not qualify for this program. Instead please see our Changing Emotions Program
Commands we can work on:
Lets Go – nice leash walking
Go to Bed
Get it – retrieving
Off – get off furniture, counters etc.
Through this process Bill learned training involved a 4 pronged approach.
1. Meet the dog’s need
2. Set the dog up for success through prevention and appropriate training levels
3. Interrupt incorrect behavior without rewarding it.
4. Teach the correct behavior using rewards so it is more likely to occur.
How it works
1. We have a phone conversation to ensure this is the correct program to meet your needs.
2. You determine if you want first appointment at your house or at my training building.
3. We have an initial consultation to evaluate your dog, see what it will already do for you & take care of paper work.
4. We schedule 4 appointments (3 appointments in a week) and begin training.