Taking your egg on a walk
Here is Easter Egg Challenge #3 – Take your egg on a walk! Ok, you better play this game outside. This egg on a walk game will help you know if:
1. Are you controlling your dog or training your dog?
2. Is your dog really keeping the leash loose?
GAME 3 – Taking your egg on a walk
- Make sure you have the best dog training treats available
- Have your dog on leash and beside you.
- Give your dog enough leash that it will be loose as you walk.
- Give your dog treats until your dog wants to be with you.
- Place a raw egg spoon as you continue to give your dog treats.
- Careful, don’t dump your egg off the spoon.
- Ok, now without holding the egg on the spoon, start walking. Reward your dog as it needs, in order to keep the leash loose.
If your egg falls off the spoon, check to see did you dump it off or did it come off because of what your dog did?
Ha! How did it go? Were you surprised by how good your dog did?
Did you dump the egg off the spoon yourself or was it your dog that caused it to fall?
If it was you, no big deal, if it was your dog, this just means we have a little more training to do.
Now that you have your coordination, challenge your friends or family members to a relay race. Training is about having fun with your dog. Regardless of your dog’s skill level, training can be in the form of games. See your training options here.