Plastic Easter eggs are in abundance right now with Easter just around the corner. For the next 4 days, I will post a new game you can play with your dog using Plastic Easter Eggs. These game will be a fun way to reduce dog and human boredom. They also enhance your dog’s existing training. So have fun and enjoy these games. This first game is called Hatch That Egg.
Game 1 with plastic Easter Eggs – Here is how to play
- Place a plastic egg on the ground
- Use food to lure your dog over the top of the egg. This will help to position your dog. If your dog feels the egg move around and is afraid give your dog treats. Get your dog to relax and feel comfortable with the egg before you proceed.
- Lure your dog into a sitting position
- Lure your dog into a down position aiming your dog’s body to land on the egg.
- Heavily reward your dog for Laying on the Egg.
Make your Hatch That Egg Game more advanced
When that is easy, you can make it more advanced by using your verbal cue to get your dog to lay down prior to luring your dog down. Have fun and post your questions and comments below. Want help with your training? You can request to have one of our trainers give you a call.